What Is Black Mold?
The news and blogs are full of warnings about mold. They usually use the words "toxic mold" to describe a strain of Stachybotrys Chartarum, which can be black in color. If you have black spots on your walls after water damage you need to call a certified mold remediation company to provide the cleanup efforts. SERVPRO of Northwest Wichita has been certified in mold remediation for years. Our technicians also receive ongoing training on a yearly basis to keep up with the certification. Don't have your home remediated of black mold by any company, use the company with the most certifications and experience. Call SERVPRO of Northwest Wichita.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Northwest Wichita immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (316) 722-1187
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Northwest Wichita is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Valley Center